Office of the Dean
Interim Dean and Associate Provost for Academic Affairs
Steve Fetter is Interim Dean of the Graduate School, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, and Acting Executive Director of the Center for Advanced Study of Language. He has been a professor in the School of Public Policy since 1988, serving as dean from 2005 to 2009.
Assistant Dean and Chief of Staff
- Oversees GS administration, finance, and strategic planning; graduate admissions and enrollment; and student and faculty services
- Coordinates student initiatives and programs and special projects
- Implements policy directives of the dean and Graduate Council
Associate Dean for Academic Standards and Policies, and Associate Professor, Spanish
- Manages Graduate Programs, Curricula and Courses Committee (PCC)
- Enforces Graduate School academic policies
- Oversees Graduate Faculty appointments and service
Assistant to the Dean
- Provides executive administrative support to the dean and the assistant dean
- Coordinates GS events and functions
- Manage Graduate School communications and media relations
- Serve as content manager for Graduate School website.
Anna De Cheke Qualls
- Provides strategic support in areas of graduate education – admissions, enrollment, diversity and programming.
- Collects, manages, and analyzes internal and external data on graduate education and graduate students.
- Fulfills data requests from campus stakeholders.
- Serves as GS liaison with Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment.
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Director of Development
- Leads fundraising and graduate alumni relations efforts
- Serves as GS liaison with University Relations
Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
Associate Director for Diversity and Inclusion
- Manages recruitment, retention, and support initiatives for underrepresented and underserved graduate student populations
- Develops and implements initiatives on diversity in graduate education
- Serves as UMD coordinator for the tri-campus (UMB and UMBC) PROMISE grant
Office of Academic and Professional Development
Director, Academic and Professional Development
- Develops and implements campus-wide writing initiatives and programs for graduate students and faculty
- Oversees the Graduate School Writing Center
Susan Martin, EdD
Director, Professional and Career Development
- Develops and implements campus-wide career and professional development programs for graduate students.
Office of Funding Opportunities
Assistant Director, Office of Funding Opportunities
- Oversees competitive GS fellowship and award programs and review processes
- Manages the Graduate Catalog program editing procedures
- Liaison for matters relating to Graduate Faculty Membership Nominations
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Blessing Enekwe, PhD
Program Director, Postdoctoral Affairs
- Coordinates programs and outreach to serve postdoctoral scholars.
Graduate Ombudsperson, and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Serves as impartial, independent, and confidential resource for graduate students
- Ombuds Office
GS Operations: Admissions and Enrollment Management
Megan van Son
Manager, Graduate Admissions
- Oversees graduate admissions, especially international admissions
- Serves as GS liaison with Maryland English Institute regarding English proficiency standards and remediation
- Serves as applications reviewer
Business Process and Systems Lead
- Provides IT support and training for admissions software system
- Provides IT support for admissions software applications.
- Serves as applications reviewer
- Serves as applications reviewer.
GS Operations: Student and Faculty Services
Coordinator, Student Services
- Manages academic activities and issues of graduate students from enrollment to graduation
Information and Policy Support Coordinator
- Updates and maintains Graduate Catalog
- Serves as administrative coordinator for the Graduate Programs, Curricula, and Courses Committee
GS Operations: Graduate Information and Systems
Information Technology Coordinator
- Provides primary IT support for admissions software system and GS website
Graduate Systems Technology Analyst
- Provides primary IT support for admissions and other graduate software systems.
Director, Graduate Information and Systems
- Oversees and manages information and systems technologies
- Manages GS Information Desk and communications systems
- Serves as GS liaison with University Division of Information Technology
GS Operations: Finance and Administration
Director, Finance and Administration
- Oversees and manages GS budget, accounts, and personnel
- Administers University/Dean’s/Merit Fellowship program
- Serves as budget officer for the Graduate School and coordinating official for UMD’s NSF GRFP program
Manager, Fellowships and Tuition Accounts
- Manages GS fellowship accounts
- Approves graduate assistant/student overloads
Coordinator, Administrative Services
- Manages human resources and payroll processes
- Reconciles GS accounts and assists in management of Foundation and grant accounts.
Program Administrative Specialist
- Provides administrative support for GS fellowships and tuition accounting